There are new rules for taking pets to the EU after Brexit.
To take your pet to the EU after Brexit you need to start preparing four months before you travel by visiting your vet for advice.
Complete the following steps:
- Get your pet microchipped.
- Ensure your pet’s rabies vaccination is up to date.
- Return to a vet at least 30 days after your pet’s last rabies vaccination for a blood test to check it’s worked.
- Wait three calendar months after a successful blood test before travel.
- Return to a vet within ten days of travel for an animal health certificate.
- If your pet’s vaccinations are kept up to date, you won’t need to repeat the blood test for each journey.
Get ready for Brexit
Check the changes at https://www.gov.uk/brexit-pet-travel
Download the HM Government poster if you wish to display it in your workplace, etc.